Indian betting sites
Gambling regulation in India starts very early with “The public gambling act” of 1867 that creates a sort of “grey” legality. This document provided rules to operate, finance and visit a gambling house.
Obviously, in the recent years, the act was followed by many others, especially the “Information technology act” of 2000. This instruct internet providers and website hosts to block the access to certain websites including all that encourages money laundering or gambling.
After that, we must consider the “Payment and Settlement act” of 2017 that gives authority to the RBI (Reserve bank of India) to regulate all kind of electronic payment. The RBI has the right to make policies for all involved with payment processing.
That caused some issues with Paypal, Neteller and Entropay. The RBI can instruct all the banks to refuse payments involving particular processors like the above mentioned e-wallet. Looking for a betting site in India? Let’s see what are the top betting sites in India.
Best betting sites in India 2020
- Campobet: mobile, virtual bet, pros and cons
- Bet2U: reviews, welcome bonus, mobile app
- Pinnacle: review, app, eSports, virtual games
- 22Bet sport: customer service, deposit, pros and cons
- Betonline Sportsbook: contact, deposit, withdrawal
- MyBookie: reviews, mobile app, opinions
- Betsson: review, bonus, promotion, app
- Parimatch: reviews, promotions, payments
- Evobet: reviews, mobile app, promotions
- Dafabet: review, support, mobile app
- Sportsbetting: review, contacts, opinions
- Reload Bet: reviews and welcome bonus
- KTO sportsbook review
- White Lion Bets: opinions, mobile app
- BetRebels: review, bonus, app, opinions
- Melbet: opinions, support, mobile and streaming
Only legal betting sites in India
Safe sport betting in India
If you ask me if gambling is legal in India, I would answer that the matter is not that clear. Some sports betting for example, are approved by the authority and others are prohibited.
Even if there are centralized acts that regulates gambling and betting in India, different states adopt different gambling laws. India consist of 29 separates states, 13 of those legalized Lottery, 2 legalized all forms of gambling and betting (Goa and Sikkim), and the others consider betting illegal.
Nowadays, most gambling in India is illegal but anyway there are many betting sites licensed in UK which service indian players. In fact, there is no law that makes online betting an illegal activity.
Indians like sports, especially cricket as the IPL (Indian Premier League) is the most-watched league in the world. By now almost 500 million people has internet access in India so the future of gambling is going bigger and widespread.
Is cricket betting legal in India?
There are no laws that prohibite betting on cricket even if sports betting is not considered a skill game by the authorities. By today, about 50 million dollars are wagered on every IPL betting match.
What is IPL? Is the biggest cricket tournament in India, the Indian Premier League. Indian punters can bet on every aspect of a cricket match, from how the bowlers will fare to the odds on a batsman scoring a 100. If you want to bet these are some of the best cricket betting sites.
Online betting India: payment methods
Indian betting sites offer almost all the common payments used by bookmakers all over the world, here they are:
Depositing with indian betting sites
- VISA and MASTERCARD credit cards
- Bank Wire
Withdrawal with indian bookmakers
- VISA and MASTERCARD credit cards
- Bank wire