Colombian Sports Betting
In Colombia, gambling makes its appearance during the colonial era but the government allows these activities only during the World War II era. The official permission to casinò gambling was promoted in 1943.
After that, gambling legality was reinforced in 1977 and in 1978, so Colombia can be considered one of the most permissive gaming jurisdictions in Latin America.
In 1991 Constitution of Colombia created a state monopoly for gambling, specifying with the gambling act of 2001 which forms of betting will be controlled by the state (casinos, bingo halls, greyhound and sports betting).
Coljuegos is the agency which supervises all gaming forms including online betting.
Another important year is 2016, when Colombia became the first south american country to legalize online gambling and sportsbook. Since that date, betting has became a real growing industry.
One of the most important Colombia based bookmakers is Zamba.co and you can visit the site and register to get 50% bonus up to $100.
Betting sites in Colombia 2020
- Pinnacle: review, app, eSports, virtual games
- Betonline Sportsbook: contact, deposit, withdrawal
- MyBookie: reviews, mobile app, opinions
- Betsson: review, bonus, promotion, app
- Parimatch: reviews, promotions, payments
- Evobet: reviews, mobile app, promotions
- Sportsbetting: review, contacts, opinions
- Bet2U: reviews, welcome bonus, mobile app
- Reload Bet: reviews and welcome bonus
- KTO sportsbook review
- White Lion Bets: opinions, mobile app
- BetRebels: review, bonus, app, opinions
- Melbet: opinions, support, mobile and streaming
Sports betting safety in Colombia
Safety of sports betting in Colombia evolved after Coljuegos started gaming regulation in september 2016. Since that date, more reputable sportsbooks gained official licenses.
Coljuegos legalized also betting exchange and virtual sports betting in 2017. Progressive policies are always on the way in Colombia.
Colombian bettors can wager on European and South American football matches just like on horse and greyhound racing, and many other sport activities.
Payment methods for Colombian bettors
Colombian bettors likes to pay in US dollars or Colombian Pesos and play on websites in spanish language. National and international licensed bookmakers usually accept the most known payment methods like:
- VISA, VISA electron, MASTERCARD, MAESTRO and AMERICAN EXPRESS credit and debit cards
- Digital wallets like Paypal, Skrill, Neteller
- Astropay (top solution for betting and gambling fans in Latin America)
- Bank wire transfer