Chilean sport betting
For anyone looking to enjoy a spot of gambling in Chile, the sheer amount of options open to you can feel quite dizzying. As one of the most prominent ways to cut loose and have fun in the country, though, Chilean gambling has grown quite significantly over a short space of time.
Gambling in Chile has been around for some time in an offline sense, with only horse betting permitted prior to 1990. Since then, though, changes have come into place to make the market more open-minded and competitive. It’s been part of the regulated industry since 2005.
However, by 2015, it was an industry that was now worth more than $750m to the Chilean purse. It’s become a fast-growing industry within the country, and growth rates are among the largest in all of South America.
Indeed, with the regulated economy now ensuring that a whopping 20 casino brands to pick from exist, there’s more opportunity than ever for Chileans to cut loose and have some fun.
Betting sites in Chile 2020
- Betwinner Sportsbook: promos, pros, and cons
- Unibet sign up offer, mobile, bonus, reviews
- Bet2U: reviews, welcome bonus, mobile app
- Pinnacle: review, app, eSports, virtual games
- 22Bet sport: customer service, deposit, pros and cons
- Ls Bet sport: deposit, pros and cons, promotions
- Campobet: mobile, virtual bet, pros and cons
- TornadoBet: review, mobile, pros and cons
- Betonline Sportsbook: contact, deposit, withdrawal
- MyBookie: reviews, mobile app, opinions
- Betsson: review, bonus, promotion, app
- Parimatch: reviews, promotions, payments
- Evobet: reviews, mobile app, promotions
- Dafabet: review, support, mobile app
- Sportsbetting: review, contacts, opinions
- Reload Bet: reviews and welcome bonus
- KTO sportsbook review
- White Lion Bets: opinions, mobile app
- BetRebels: review, bonus, app, opinions
- Melbet: opinions, support, mobile and streaming
Betting in Chile: safety and legality
Chilean legislation for a regulated online casino market has been in place since 2005, and in that time it has become a major part of their casino market. The strong regulation and the 20% taxation that companies pay ensures that companies must play by the rules, or risk having their license revoked.
Gambling has grown steadily in the country, with the operators in the country paying a 20% tax – among the highest on the continent. With record profits year-in, year-out, there is clear optimism that Chilean gaming could continue to grow.
Chilean favorite sports to bet on
As a sports mad nation, Chileans love to bet on all kinds of sports. The most popular form of betting in this country would be to bet on football – the most popular sport in the country.
Horse racing remains popular, too, and the easy access to betting on international sports and markets ensures Chileans are never short on choice for markets to place their bets on.
As ever, make sure that you are fully aware of the laws and regulations around online casino gaming in the country.
Payment options for chilean bettors
Like most other nations, Chilean betting revolves around making payments nice and simple. For example, you could use most major credit and debit cards on all Chilean casino brands. However, you will usually also have access to other online payment systems like e-wallets. This makes getting money in (and out) of your betting account about as easy as it can be.
Of course, you should always look to be smart when it comes to betting. With the current political upheaval in Chile leading to closures of casinos, it’s important that you pay attention to the present situation. Chilean gaming is managed by the Chilean Gambling Control Board, so always check out their latest information to find out more regarding the latest for gaming in Chile.
- VISA and Mastercard credit and debit cards
Chilean gambling resources
To find more information on the history and laws pertaining to gambling in Chile, these are interesting resources: