In recent years, cricket bets have experienced an unprecedented surge thanks above all to foreign bookmakers who allow betting in India and other countries.
Although the exact origins of cricket remain shrouded in mystery, many scholars and historians believe that it developed from other games practiced in the forests of South East England. Cricket is a team sport played between two groups of eleven players each and played with a mace, a ball and a glove.
In addition to being practiced in England, cricket is mainly widespread in Commonwealth countries: Australia, New Zealand, Bangladesh, India, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Wales, Zimbabwe, Pakistan and the British West Indies.
Cricket betting sites 2019
- Pinnacle: review, app, eSports, virtual games
- Betonline Sportsbook: contact, deposit, withdrawal
- MyBookie: reviews, mobile app, opinions
- Betsson: review, bonus, promotion, app
- Parimatch: reviews, promotions, payments
- Evobet: reviews, mobile app, promotions
- Sportsbetting: review, contacts, opinions
- Bet2U: reviews, welcome bonus, mobile app
- Reload Bet: reviews and welcome bonus
- KTO sportsbook review
- White Lion Bets: opinions, mobile app
- BetRebels: review, bonus, app, opinions
- Melbet: opinions, support, mobile and streaming
Betting on cricket does not differ from betting on other sports. Every bettor can place a bet on the outcome of the match using the odds provided by the bookmaker. You need to choose the team to bet on, based on your intuition and playing conditions.
You can also bet on the best hitter who will make the most runs during an inning or throughout the game. You can also bet on the best pitcher that will take more wickets. These are the main types of bets that can be placed before the game starts.
But you can also bet on the main way to eliminate hitters during a game, on an entire innings or a specific time interval during the game and on lost wickets.
Even though Cricket is known as a “niche” sport, there are some tournaments that became very popular worldwide. Most of all are arranged by the International Cricket Council (ICC), here they are:
- ICC Cricket World Cup: it takes place every 4 years and the outgoing Champion is England. Australia won 5 times, India and British West Indies won 2 times, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, 1 time each.
- ICC Champions Trophy: is like a mini World cup played every 2 years since 1998. Pakistan is the outgoing champion, Australia and India won two times.
- T20 World Cup: is played with Limited Overs Cricket rules every 2 years since 2007. British West Indies won two times and are the current champions.
- Ashes Series: is the oldest cricket tournament, started in 1882 and played every two years only between Australia and England. The first won 136 times, the second 108, and the draw has been 91.
- Champions League Twenty20: it’s the world best club tournament and it is owned by BCCI (Board of control cricket India), Cricket Australia and Cricket South Africa. It is played since 2008 and has been won two times by Chennai Super Kings, one of the best indian teams.
- Indian Premier League (IPL): one of the world’s best Twenty20 tournament played in India by 8 teams: Dehli Daredevils, Kings XI Punjab, Kolkata Night Riders, Mumbai Indians, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Rising Pune Supergiants and Gujarat Lions. Two teams are now suspended: Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals.
Cricket: match results
A cricket match can be concluded in four different ways:
- Victory of a team that has played only one innings: the number of runs marked in the only first inning batting is greater than the total number of runs marked by the opponents in two innings
- Victory of the team that in the last inning was at the launch: the last inning of the game ends before the batting team manages to reach the target
- Victory of the team that in the last inning was batting: in the last inning of the game the batting team manages to reach the target then the game ends immediately
- Draw (draw): at the end of the last day of play the team at the throw failed to eliminate the entire lineup and the batting side failed to reach the target.