Argentinian sports betting
Betting and gambling in Argentina have a long tradition started in the late 1800s. Nowadays some types of gambling are legal and regulated, and others are prohibited by the law.
Making a comparison with other South American countries, we can say that Argentina has a relaxed feeling with gambling and betting, that are well accepted by the public.
Betting on soccer and other sports (tennis, boxing and volleyball over all) is therefore a popular activity among Argentina and so are the casino’s games. Reputable operators offer their sportbooks in all provinces with different regulations.
Best Argentinian betting sites 2019
- Bet2U: reviews, welcome bonus, mobile app
- Pinnacle: review, app, eSports, virtual games
- 22Bet sport: customer service, deposit, pros and cons
- Ls Bet sport: deposit, pros and cons, promotions
- Campobet: mobile, virtual bet, pros and cons
- TornadoBet: review, mobile, pros and cons
- Betonline Sportsbook: contact, deposit, withdrawal
- MyBookie: reviews, mobile app, opinions
- Betsson: review, bonus, promotion, app
- Parimatch: reviews, promotions, payments
- Evobet: reviews, mobile app, promotions
- Dafabet: review, support, mobile app
- Sportsbetting: review, contacts, opinions
- Reload Bet: reviews and welcome bonus
- KTO sportsbook review
- White Lion Bets: opinions, mobile app
- BetRebels: review, bonus, app, opinions
- Melbet: opinions, support, mobile and streaming
Argentina betting regulation
Online betting in Argentina is regulated on a provincial level, some provinces allow wagering and others haven’t yet introduced law regarding sports betting.
Nowadays in Argentina works 24 independent gambling jurisdictions which treat sport betting in different ways. This means that in certain cases customers can only play with local licensed operators, for example. By now (november 2019)8 of 24 provinces permit online wagering also with international operators.
Until 2018 betting games were managed by National Lottery and so regulated by the state. The situation changed in February 2018 when the National Lottery was disbanded.
The first online licenses were issued in 2002 and first local sportsbook is born in 2006. The government does not taxes the users’ winnings.
One of the last provinces that issued an accurate gambling law is the one of the capital, Buenos Aires. It’s the first time that sport betting, horse races and casinò are included in the 2019 budget. Every operator receive at maximum 7 licenses valid for 15 years.
Payments solutions for argentinian bettors
Argentina based betting operators allow payments in Argentine Pesos (ARS), but there are often alternatives like US dollars (USD) and european Euros (EUR). Some sites accept also cryptocurrencies like bitcoin or Ethereum. All the payments are listed below:
- VISA, VISA electron, MASTERCARD, MAESTRO and AMERICAN EXPRESS credit and debit cards
- Digital wallets like Paypal, Skrill, Neteller
- Instant bank transfer like Giropay, Euteller, Trustly, Sofort and Multibanco
- Astropay (top solution for betting and gambling fans in Latin America)